The theme of Organic September this year is “small changes, big difference.”
The campaign is led by Soil Association, the organization that certifies People Tree’s organic Fairtrade certified cotton. People Tree is joining Soil Association in celebrating Organic September. We want you to join us in making a few small changes this month and beyond.
Why small changes, big difference?
According to the Soil Association, “We believe if we all make a small and achievable change in September and beyond, like switching to organic milk or choosing an organic moisturiser, we can make a huge difference to our planet…by choosing organic we can all support a kinder, green and better climate. Organic farms support 50% more wildlife, with 30% more species – that’s more butterflies, bees, beetles, bats and wildflowers.”
At People Tree, we love organic cotton.
Most of our cotton is 100% organic Fairtrade cotton grown by farmers whom we know their villages and families. We pay them 30% more for their cotton. We help by support clean water facilities, schools, seed banks and training and we fight against GM seeds. Buying organic cotton fashion is a small thing that makes a big difference.
How can you get involved in Organic September?
There are so many ways you can get involved! If we individually choose to support organic farming by buying organic food, beauty products, and fashion, together we can make a big difference. Here are then things you can do to get involved today.
- Visit the Small Changes, Big Difference website to learn more
- Tell Soil Association your small change
- Try a recipe full of organic food that’s good for people and the planet
- Love to Tweet? Use #organicseptember to tell your friends about the celebration
- Create a Pinterest board full of organic cotton fashion, food, and beauty products
- Ask your friends on Facebook what small changes they will make for Organic September
- Find an organic event near you
- Switch one thing you regularly buy from conventional to organic!
- Buy a beautiful organic cotton dress from People Tree’s new Autumn collection
- Enjoy a special offer on your organic shopping.
Over the next month, we’ll be featuring lots of inspiring stories and interviews about organic cotton fashion. We will have a special giveaway with Soil Association during the third weekend of September. Follow People Tree on Facebook or Twitter or subscribe to our emails to make sure you read the latest news.